How to setup dub to use x86 and x64 dll's when appropriate?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Tue Feb 26 06:21:42 UTC 2019

On Monday, February 25, 2019 9:17:04 PM MST Michelle Long via Digitalmars-d-
learn wrote:
> e.g., using sdl for different versions and have it automatically
> switch.
>
> What would be nice is if one could stick all the files for x86 in
> one dir and x64 in the others and they will be used depending on
> the build(and copied)
>
> Ideally one can do it for debug and release versions too.

You have to set up different build settings for each architecture if you
want something like that. The documentation on it isn't great, but I believe
that this is the relevant section:

https://dub.pm/package-format-json#build-settings

You'd probably end up with something like "libs-x86_64" and "libs-x86" with
them pointing to the different spots, but I don't know exactly what you'll
need. In general, the documentation hints at what's needed in situations
like this but doesn't manage to make it clear exactly how to go about it, so
whenever I need to do much interesting with dub, I tend to have to muck
around with the dub.json file until I manage to hit upon the right
combination of settings that do what I need. Usually, it's possible to do
what you need to do with dub, but it's a pain to figure it out.

You can also ask questions in the dub-specific forum:

http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.dub/

- Jonathan M Davis