dcompute - Error: unrecognized `pragma(LDC_intrinsic)

Michelle Long HappyDance321 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:58:35 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 28 February 2019 at 02:35:59 UTC, Nicholas Wilson
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 February 2019 at 22:56:14 UTC, Michelle Long
> wrote:
>> Trying to get dcompute to work... after a bunch of issues
>> dealing with all the crap this is what I can't get past:
>>
>> Error: unrecognized `pragma(LDC_intrinsic)
>>
>> This is actually from the ldc.intrinsics file, which I had to
>> rename from .di to d so it would be included in by VisualD.
>>
>> I upgraded to latest LDC just before
>>
>> LDC - the LLVM D compiler (1.14.0git-1bbda74):
>>   based on DMD v2.084.1 and LLVM 7.0.1
>>

>> pragma(LDC_intrinsic, "llvm.returnaddress")
>>     void* llvm_returnaddress(uint level);
>>

>> ..\..\..\..\D\LDC\import\ldc\intrinsics.d(85): Error:
>> unrecognized `pragma(LDC_intrinsic)`
>
> I've got no idea why that is the case, although I note that you
> shouldn't need to change intrinsics.di to intrinsics.d, as a
> .di it only needs to be on the include path which should
> already be the case for LDC.

I've included it in Visual D as di and it seems not to add it to
the include line...

Is it in any way possible that it being an di file would allow
that? Seems that it is an LDC issue though but LDC has some usage
of it I believe and it works fine.

Could it be a LDC version? Or do I need to include something to
make it work? Seems like it would be part of the compiler itself.