D-oriented Syntax Highlighting Plugin for WordPress?

rjframe dlang at ryanjframe.com
Tue Jan 1 17:09:51 UTC 2019

On Tue, 01 Jan 2019 16:48:00 +0000, Ron Tarrant wrote:

> SilverStripe, on the surface, seems quite WordPress-alike. Did you find
> advantages over WordPress, or is it personal preference?
> How's the syntax highlighting? (I skimmed the video, but didn't see any
> mention of this.)
>
> PrismJS looks promising.

I started using SilverStripe 7 or 8 years ago, and have never had a reason
to look for anything else. It doesn't have the ecosystem of WordPress and
never seemed to get much following outside New Zealand, but it's well-
designed and makes working with PHP not-horrible (and sometimes almost
pleasant). I'm not familiar enough with WordPress to make any comparison.

I've documented my syntax highlighting setup[0] but it assumes familiarity
with SilverStripe; reading through the official examples should be enough:

https://www.ryanjframe.com/blog/syntax-highlighting-in-silverstripe/

--Ryan