Understanding SIGSEGV issues

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sat Jan 5 12:14:15 UTC 2019

On Sat, 2019-01-05 at 11:30 +0000, Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:

[…]
> Could you post a minimised example? Its a bit hard to guess
> without one.

Indeed. I should do that to see if I can reproduce the problem to submit a
proper bug report.

[…]
>  From the name, File_Ptr sounds like it is wrapping a reference to
> a resource. So compare with C's FILE/ D's File which is a
> reference counted wrapper of a FILE*. Would you ever use a File*
> (or a FILE**)? Probably not, I never have.

File_Ptr is wrapping a dvb_file * from libdvbv5 to try and make things a bit
for D and to ensure RAII. libdvbv5 is a C API with classic C approach to
handling objects and data structures.

My DStep/with manual binding is at https://github.com/russel/libdvbv5_d and
the application using it (which is causing the problems) is at
https://github.com/russel/DVBTune

I have a feeling that I am really not doing things in a D idiomatic way.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200