Understanding SIGSEGV issues

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Jan 9 16:48:47 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-01-08 at 11:51 +0000, Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d-learn
wrote:

[…]
> Ahh. Good that you've found that, I can't help you much more with
> that then.

Indeed. :-)

Your hep to get to this point though has been invaluable. Thanks you for
putting in the time and effort.

[…]

> Good luck figuring out why your data is dud.

It really is totally weird. My new Rust binding to libdvbv5 and associated
version of the same application works fine. So libdvbv5 itself is not the
cuprit. This has to mean it is something about the D compilers that has
changed the way the D binding to libdvbv5 behaves.

If only the D plugin to CLion were much further down the road this would be
much easier to fix. I had an issue in the Rust and it was fixed in a couple of
minutes because of the way CLion drives GDB for you. Using GDB manually is
such a f###### pain. This alone becomes a mountain that leads to the thought
of giving up on the D version.

In an ideal world JetBrains would take over the D plugin, but that isn't gong
to happen – unlike what happened for Go and Rust. What the D plugin needs is
some full time workers: the great work by the current volunteers is slow
progress by nature of it being volunteer effort by a few people.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200