Has anyone tried making a QtCreator plugin for D and what is your experience?

Enjoys Math enjoysmath at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 18:52:14 UTC 2019

I'm 5 years an expert at PyQt5 in conjunction with
QtCreator-designed widgets.  Where D is lacking is a good GUI
editor and GUI library support.

I am starting by building a python-based project called QDmt =
Qt/D manager

It will do for you, in a cross-platform way, the laborious task
of compiling the Qt framework from git:

https://wiki.qt.io/Building_Qt_5_from_Git

And also it will guide you through building Qt Creator itself.
We can then use this tool to help us hack the Qt Creator code and
make it work for D (assuming a plugin isn't enough).

Building Qt is quite essential, as I am unable to get OpenGL
support without building it for example.

So not only will we get traffic from TDPL people but from others
who are only familiar with Qt and had to build it for some
reason.  This would then be the goto tool for that.

Then they will see firsthand how easy it is (at the click of a
few buttons) to work with D.

This will cause a huge influx of users to dlang.org and a rift in
the spacetime continuum!