"lld-link: error: could not open libcmt.lib: no such file or directory"

moth postmaster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 19:28:27 UTC 2019

hi all!

after a long while away, i thought i'd download the latest D
release and give learning it another shot. unfortunately, it
looks like i screwed up somewhere big time =[

it was working fine for me before [a few months ago i think], but
now whenever i try to compile i get the message "lld-link: error:
could not open libcmt.lib: no such file or directory". sometimes,
depending on what i'm trying to compile, it complains it can't
find "OLDNAMES.lib" as well.

i thought it was just that i had installed D wrong at first, but
i've uninstalled / reinstalled a dozen times now and it's still
not working.

could i really have deleted whatever it's looking for somehow? i
really want to be able to program in D, but i'm at my wit's end...

please help! =[
- moth