Quotes inside wysiwyg strings, or alternative solution?

Dennis dkorpel at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 11:55:32 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 18 July 2019 at 11:38:55 UTC, Paul wrote:
> What is the solution in D for wysiwyg strings (or similar)
> spanning multiple lines containing quotes and apostrophes?

Take a look at:
https://dlang.org/spec/lex.html#string_literals

All string literals may span multiple lines.

If you only need " and ' without `, you can use a string literal
like this: `WysiwygCharacters`

For ' and ` in your string you can use r"WysiwygCharacters".

You can also concatenate different string literals with ~.

If your string contains code, you can try a token string like

Finally, you can also have custom delimiters in q-strings but I
don't recommend them since they're hard to process for text
editors. (Details are in the spec)

> (also, how can I put formatted code in a post?)

Often requested, but you can't.