accuracy of floating point calculations: d vs cpp

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Mon Jul 22 12:49:24 UTC 2019

I have almost identical (I believe it at least) implementation (D and
C++) of the same algorithm that uses Kalman filtering. These
implementations though show different results (least significant
digits). Before I start investigating I would like to ask if this issue
(different results of floating points calculation for D and C++) is well
known? May be I can read something about that in web? Does D
implementation of floating point types is different than the one of C++?

Most of all I'm interesting in equal results to ease comparing outputs
of both implementations between each other. The accuracy itself is
enough in my case, but this difference is annoying in some cases.