Help me decide D or C

Alexandre alexandrelgodoy at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 18:38:02 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I would like an honest opinion.
I have a beginner level (able to do very small programs) in a few
languages  such as python, go, C, guile(scheme) and common lisp.
I want to pick a language and go deep with it and focus on only
one for at least the next 2 years or so.

Should I go for C and then when I become a better programmer
change to D?
Should I start with D right now?

The reason I am considering starting with C: since I am a
beginner, obvious I will need lots of books, tutorials, videos
etc. And I believe C would have more resources and maybe a low
level to help with programming in general. And, when I need a
more powerful language, I would than learn D. Since you know the
good and the ugly of the D programming language I wonder, what
you would think would be the best to do right now?

Thank you for your help!