Help me decide D or C

matheus matheus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 21:35:22 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 18:38:02 UTC, Alexandre wrote:
> Should I go for C and then when I become a better programmer
> change to D?
> Should I start with D right now?

I think it depend your intent, but right now for a beginner
between C and D I would go with C, because as you noted there are
plenty of resources for C, C++, Python etc.

In some colleges where I live, 10+ years ago they used to start
CS class with C and then C++ or Java, now they start with Python
and then C and so on.

Python was "more" friendly for beginners to understand
variable/algorithm, and after that they would go with data types,
pointers... more easily.

Good luck,

Matheus.