Help me decide D or C

SashaGreat s at g.com
Wed Jul 31 22:49:10 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 31 July 2019 at 22:16:42 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> What is your goal? In my opinion, learning C is a waste of time
> in 2019 unless you have something specific in mind related to a
> job. C is mostly "fun with segmentation faults". Most of your
> time is not spent solving problems. If you want to be
> productive, choose D, Go, Rust, C++, or just about anything but
> C.

Interesting because you asked his goal and no matter what you
pretty much just said to avoid C. So why the goal matters here?

Kernel, embedded systems, LIBs (In fact there is libspng right
now on front page of Reddit - /r/programming) that still uses C.

I'm not saying that he should go with C, but if someone is
learning I really would avoid D or C++ for the matter.

For example there is a lot of things with those languages (D or
C++) like attributes: scope, ref, pure, share and so on that is
useful but not for beginner.

Sasha.