How to create GTK+ apps with Glade and D on windows

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 10:32:25 UTC 2019

On Friday, 31 May 2019 at 18:47:06 UTC, Obsidian Jackal wrote:
> I'm new to D and want to create GTK+ apps. I have Visual
> Studio, Glade, the Gtk+ runtime, DMD, and DUB installed. What
> steps, guides, or advice should I follow to be able to be able
> to use these tools together to make a sane app?.

I am writing on my cell phone, so cannot address the whole thing.
When I started to learn d, I was playing around a boiler plate to
imitate something like javafx and it's builder. Here is a meson
based project, which creates a gtkd project including a hello
world window, a Glade file, its controller class, and an auto
calling python script to update controller class after changing
the UI. The paths in src/meson.build must be set before building
the project creator. I am sorry, I could not find some free time
to make it a more generic project builder, but I think it may
give you some idea. Again I was a very beginner when I was
working on it.