Delegate / Error: cannot implicitly convert expression...

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Sat Jun 15 16:34:22 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-15 16:19:23 +0000, Anonymouse said:

> By design, I think: "delegate and function objects cannot be mixed. But
> the standard function std.functional.toDelegate converts a function to
> a delegate."
>
> Your example compiles if the assignment is changed to dg =
> toDelegate(&myFunc); (given appropriate imports).
>
> https://tour.dlang.org/tour/en/basics/delegates
>
> https://dlang.org/phobos/std_functional.html#.toDelegate

Hmm... but this here compiles:

void main()
{
    import std.stdio: write, writeln, writef, writefln;
    void foo(int a) {return; }

    void test()
    {
    	void delegate(int) dg;

        dg = &foo;

See: https://run.dlang.io/is/U7uhAX

Is it because inside main() there is a stack frame? And with a global
function there is none? I'm a bit confused...

--
Robert M. Münch
http://www.saphirion.com