Component based programming in D

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Jun 18 21:42:43 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 09:22:28PM +0000, Aurélien Plazzotta via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Tuesday, 18 June 2019 at 09:17:09 UTC, Bart wrote:
>
> > Can someone help me understand this a little better and how I'd go
> > about using it in D? Specifically I'm looking at the pros and cons,
> > what are the real similarities and differences to oop, and how one
> > implements them in D(taking in to account D's capabilities).
[...]
> Perhaps, you should be interested by this article written by our
> famous Walter:
> http://www.drdobbs.com/architecture-and-design/component-programming-in-d/240008321
>
> You'll get a whole new idea about reusability :)

<shameless self-plug>
And also:
	https://wiki.dlang.org/Component_programming_with_ranges
</shameless self-plug>

English has the lovely word "defenestrate", meaning "to execute by throwing someone out a window", or more recently "to remove Windows from a computer and replace it with something useful". :-) -- John Cowan