Hyperterminal serial port

UlanReed spencerkrit78 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 08:34:12 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 at 06:52:33 UTC, IanFisher wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to establish a virtual serial port connection
> between an 89c51 being emulated in Proteus and Hyper Terminal
> running in Windows.
>
> How do I go about doing this?
>
> Thanks in advance

Hello.

Look at the reply above instead. The solution is there !

You need to replace Virtual Terminal with COMPIM (virtual COM
interface). You must have 2 COMs free in your PC and a null modem
cable (crossed).

Say you have COM1 and COM2 free. Connect the null modem between
the two ports as a link and set COMPIM as the port COM1. Then use
Windows Terminal (or whichever program you like) and set it as
COM2. You'll see that any outputs that before were sent to the
Virtual Terminal are now sent to Windows Terminal (or any other
you may use).

Alternatively, if you don't have 2 physical COMs free then you
may use some software driver, like Virtual Serial Ports Driver
from https://www.serial-splitter.com/