Meson build system user learning D.

Mike Brockus michael at squidfarts.com
Sun Jun 23 16:20:30 UTC 2019

On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 16:49:45 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 16:13 +0000, Mike Brockus via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
>> […]
>>
>> I tried that custom command voodoo then I tried to use 'dub'
>> as a method for hunting down dependencies.  Basically got
>> something like this.
>
> Apologies but I am not sure what you have tried. Installing
> unit- threaded as a shared library is so as to build a D
> project without dub at all. What I didn't say in the previous
> email is that if you are installing libraries not to the
> standard place you have to set some environment variables. In
> my case, consistent with the build instructions I gave for my
> case:
>
> PKG_CONFIG_PATH=.:/home/users/russel/Built/share/pkgconfig:/home/users/russel/Built/lib/pkgconfig LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:/home/users/russel/Built/lib
>
> Having . in the paths is not something everyone does though.
>
>> '''
>>      Found DUB: /usr/local/bin/dub (DUB version 1.15.0, built
>> on
>> May  4 2019)
>>      Dependency unit-threaded found: NO
>>
>>      meson.build:71:0: ERROR: Dependency "unit-threaded" not
>> found
>> '''
>
> This seems like you are using Dub from within the Meson/Ninja
> build, this is not something I do. I know you can use Dub from
> Meson to deal with dependencies, but this is not something I
> do. I build all the dependencies and then build the application
> without Dub.
>
> If using Dub from Meson to handle dependencies becomes the de
> facto standard I'll give it a whirl.

I finally got D unit testing working without having to include
main, it was only a compiler flag away and with the help of other
D programmers.

https://github.com/squidfarts/d-porject

However that doesn’t mean I gave up on unit-threaded it’s just
that I should start with using what is already provided by the
language and if I happen to grow out of the basic tools then I
will try again.  😊