std.zlib odd behavior

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 02:19:26 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 at 01:43:42 UTC, solidstate1991 wrote:
> https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/dimage/blob/master/source/dimage/png.d
>
> It seems that after a certain point, it doesn't add more data
> to the compression stream, flushing doesn't help.

I haven't found the bug in your code yet, but one thing I suspect
from my experience is you might be reusing a buffer. std.zlib
actually stores pointers internally across function calls, so if
you are trying to compress a stream, you are liable to get
corruption.

(std.zlib is very bad code, frankly.)

I don't know for sure though, my brain is in the compiler
tonight...