DUB / compiling same source and config to different windows subsystems in 32/64 bit

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 08:45:53 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 5 March 2019 at 05:03:42 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> This has nothing to do with dub, so that’s the wrong place for
> it. The dmd for windows docs needs to make clear the
> distinction between the linkers and the differences in
> behavior, and point to the linked docs for options. I just
> checked the Optlink page and didn’t see /subsystem documented,
> so that needs to be fixed. I’ll put it on my todo list.

That's right, it is not part of the dub itself, however it is
directly related to it(both compiler and writing that dub
platform/config specific project parts), and that adds value on
usability. Such info is invaluable addition, just put it in the
extra section like "How-to's" or another similar cookbook
recipe-like one.

This will help users that are new to Windows(esp. advanced super
duper *nix power users) to solve their problem instantly where
this simple, easy to follow steps with a bit of explanation is
placed in a proper place.

Not to mention that there is definitely more such topics that are
frequently asked but people forced to dig through forums and
projects on github to gather that knowledge piece by piece.