this is null

ANtlord antlord92 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 21:07:33 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 9 March 2019 at 21:00:51 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> I haven't run the code but which pointer is null? Try adding
I mean `this` by "this" word. You can see that `this` is null if
you run gdb and before that line make `p/x this` [0]
> this check as well:
>
>   auto node = this.list.getFisrtFreeOrAdd(memViewLen);
>   assert(node !is null);

I get segfault in `getFisrtFreeOrAdd` method. Before the line I
have an assertion [1]. It looks like the program misses (I have
no idea how) `list` object while calling its method
`getFisrtFreeOrAdd`.

[0]
https://github.com/ANtlord/deadmemory/blob/master/src/deadmemory/freelist.d#L56
[1]