Distinguish float and integer types from string

spir denis.spir at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 14:36:07 UTC 2019

On 09/03/2019 19:11, Jacob Shtokolov via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> The thing is that in PHP, for example, I would do

The thing is php needs to be able to "lexify" raw input data at runtime, while
in D this is done at compile-time. The ompiler has the lexer to do that.

But I agree that, for user input, it would be cool to have such a feature
available. However, this would quickly become complex because of (the reciprocal
of) localisation, or even personalisation. Eg I like to write decimals like:
	-1'234'457,098

diniz