Setting the GtkD Include Path in dexed?

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Thu Mar 14 15:43:04 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 12 March 2019 at 15:48:14 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> I managed to get dexed to compile a single-file dub project,
> but for completeness sake, I'm also trying to configure it to
> use dmd (non-dub) to compile GtkD projects using Compilation
> (menu) > Compile File and Run.
>
> To that end, I have two questions...
>
> Should I be supplying dexed with the include (read: import)
> path: /usr/include/dmd/gtkd3/
>
> Or the runtime: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgtkd-3.so
>
> And where in dexed does one set the path so it can find a
> library such as gtkd?

I just tried and here is the complete guide to register an entry
in the library manager.

1. in the repo root run make to get the static libraries generated
2. in dexed add a new library manager entry (icon with a book and
a "+")
3. set the alias to "gtkd" (icon with a book and a pen)
4. set the source path to <full path to GtkD repo>/generated/gtkd
(icon with a folder and a "+")
5. set the static library file to the "libgtkd-3.a" file that
should have been generated in the repo root. (icon with a folder
and a brick)

This has to be done manually because the json DUB project is
cannot be registered automatically since it's more a meta
project, or however this is called.

Then when you compile a runnable with "Compile file and run" the
libman entry will be used to solve the import path automatically,
and the static library file will be passed automatically as well.

For the dexed projects, as explained yesterday, the
"libraryAliases" property must contain "gtkd".

Note however that here I got linkers error (multiple definition
of...), no idea why.