Where is GDC being developed?

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Thu Mar 21 10:01:34 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 21 March 2019 at 08:19:56 UTC, Per Nordlöw wrote:
> At
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/GDC/commits/master
>
> there's the heading
>
> "This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now
> read-only."
>
> Where will the development of GDC continue?

We use https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/gcc for CI, but
commits will go to the GCC SVN first, so GCC SVN or snapshot
tarballs is the recommended way to get the latest GDC.

There is one exception: When GCC development is in feature
freeze, we might provide newer DMD frontends in a gdc-next branch
at https://github.com/D-Programming-GDC/gcc . However, so far we
have not set up this branch, this will probably happen in the
next two weeks. Maybe I'll also provide DDMD-FE backports for
GCC9 in that repo, but I'm not sure yet. The latest DDMD-FE is
somewhere in the archived repos, but it hasn't been updated for
some time.