Another Tuesday (Friday?), Another GtkDcoding Blog Post

number putimalitze at gmx.de
Tue Mar 26 15:53:51 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 24 March 2019 at 19:20:47 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> Sunday Blog eXtra: Installing and Using a Linux Build
> Environment

Thanks for the new posts.

Link dead? It's also not listed on the blog post list. But I have
read it some days before, and what I noticed is that you used the
sources from ~/.dub/packages/gtk-d-...
I suspect you played with dub + gtkd by that time because I think
they wouldn't be there otherwise. So if you use dmd in the
example you might want to better use /usr/include/dmd/gtkd3/
(after installing gtkd).

I installed gtkd recently like shown here
https://github.com/gtkd-developers/GtkD/wiki
and here
https://d-apt.sourceforge.io/

which was basically this (-85 being my dmd version):

sudo wget
https://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/d-apt/files/d-apt.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/d-apt.list
sudo apt-get update --allow-insecure-repositories && sudo apt-get
-y --allow-unauthenticated install --reinstall d-apt-keyring &&
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install libgtkd3-85 libgtkd3-dev libgtkd3-doc

and I compile like this:
dmd -de -w -m64 -I/usr/include/dmd/gtkd3/ -L-lgtkd-3 -run
label_008_02_markup.d

Not sure if you need the -m64 on x64 linux with a dmd64, should
be the default then and works without.