Request some GtkD Assistance

Andrew Edwards edwards.ac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 06:55:53 UTC 2019

Good day all,

I've installed Gtk+ and GtkD on my MacBookPro which is running
macOS Mojave but am having some issues linking to and using it.
Any assistance to resolve this is appreciated.

Steps taken:

1. Install Gtk+

       brew install gtk+

2. Build and install GtkD-3.8.5

      unzip GtkD-3.8.5.zip
      copy gtkd folder to dmd/osx/src/
      make
      copy libgtkd-3.a to dmd/osx/lib/

3. Update dmd.conf

      add -I%@P%/../../src/gtkd to DFLAGS

Problems encountered:

1. Unable to find the lib

(dmd-2.085.0)BMP:model edwarac$ dmd -de -w -Llibgtkd-3.a nufsaid
ld: file not found: libgtkd-3.a
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to
see invocation)
Error: linker exited with status 1

Not sure why I'm receiving this first error since the file is
stored alongside the libphobos2.a which the linker doesn't have
any issues locating. If copy the file to the local directory,
linking completes without any further errors.

2. Unable to find libgtkd-3.dylib

      (dmd-2.085.0)Andrews-MBP:model edwarac$ ./nufsaid
      object.Exception at generated/gtkd/gtkd/Loader.d(125): Library
load failed (libgdk-3.0.dylib): dlopen(libgdk-3.0.dylib, 258):
image not found

Not sure what's going on here at all. This file was not created
when I built GtkD. Where do I find it, or how do I create it?

--Andrew