Easiest way to use Linux system C files / tiny C libraries

Chris Katko ckatko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 22:48:47 UTC 2019

What's the easiest way to use POSIX and Linux-specific C include
files?

I know you can write a wrapper but it seems like half the time
these files include 20 files which include 20 files which use
strange enums, arrays, etc that don't clearly have answers on how
to wrap them.

Is there something I'm missing?

For example, right now, the most recent problem I've had related
to this is wanting to use the libprocps-dev library. All it does
is expose the /proc/ process data in an easy-to-use format.

I "could" write my own in D but then once again, I've not solved
my re-occurring problem of "what if I DO need a C library."

Do I need to implement every piece of a C header / library, or
can I get away with a tiny subset that I'm actually using?

I don't know. I know this is all vague. But I've run into this
problem multiple times and every time, after hours of googling,
never gotten anywhere.

Thanks.