local dub dependencies - relative paths, copyFiles, etc

DanielG simpletangent at gmail.com
Sat May 4 04:41:34 UTC 2019

First issue:

I have a dub project (executable) that's dependent on another
local dub project (library). It's cross-platform but I'm having
this problem in Windows at the moment...

My D library links against a win32 DLL/LIB, and I'm specifying
that in the dub.sdl for the library, relative to the library root
/ dub.sdl location. Sensible, no?

However, when building the executable - in another location,
referring to the library via a relative local path, I'm forced to
modify the location of the win32 .LIB specification to be
relative to my executable dub file, *not* the library.

So it seems like dub forgets to calculate the path relative to
the library, where the path is specified in the first place.

Is this expected behavior? Is there some kind of special relative
root I need to use in the library's dub.sdl?

Second issue (perhaps related?)

I'm specifying a copyFiles in the library project to gather up
all the requisite .DLLs, which I would hope would be copied to my
executable's target path ... but that doesn't appear to be
working. The "copying files..." step shows up in the dub output,
but no matter how I specify it (relative to library or executable
or just gibberish), it appears nothing is happening during that
step.