Any full feature xml library available?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun May 5 18:58:13 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-05-03 at 14:07 -0700, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

[…]
> The problem is that while there is no shortage of complaints about XML
> support in D, there is a great dearth of people actually willing to *do*
> something about it.

In my case it is because I have no need to deal with XML using D, and I am not
in the market for paid work. Those actually doing stuff with XML and D have
far fewer excuses.

> At least Jonathan wrote dxml, which arguably would meet the need in most
> cases.  So there's that.  But if somebody wants entity references and
> other similar things, the only recourse would appear to be to wrap
> libxml2.  Given D's aptitude at interfacing with C, this should be much
> simpler than writing dxml.  It just needs someone to sit down and *do*
> it.

That people who have the problem can write many lengthy emails on the D lists
rather than doing something about creating a D binding to libxml2 is clearly
the bulk of the problem.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200