What are some ways to get more strict type-checking?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon May 6 16:56:16 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 06, 2019 at 02:41:31PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> On Monday, 6 May 2019 at 02:02:52 UTC, Devin wrote:
> > But to my astonishment, the broken code compiled without any
> > warnings or notifications.
>
> Yeah, I kinda wish bool (and char too, while we're at it) wouldn't
> implicitly convert to int.
[...]

Yeah, we tried to change this recently but W&A shot it down with the
argument that bool is to be understood as a 1-bit integer rather than an
actual Boolean value that isn't tied to specific integer values.  I
disagree with that reasoning, but I don't think W&A are going to change
their stance on that anytime in the foreseeable future.

"You know, maybe we don't *need* enemies." "Yeah, best friends are about all I can take." -- Calvin & Hobbes