LDC2 and classic profiling

Denis Feklushkin feklushkin.denis at gmail.com
Mon May 13 08:48:52 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 12 May 2019 at 17:24:24 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:

> Excellent.
>
> I think dub -v will output the exact commands that dub is
> executing.
> Looks like some parts are not compiled with the compile flag,
> and some other parts are?

Got it!

-v displays only one ldc2 execution with -fprofile-instr-generate
It contains huge number of -I and -dversion options, and this
call contains main.d compilation. But main.d placed inside of
subpackage and uses my own (outer) dependency package which also
compiled without -fprofile-instr-generate and calls inside of
this dependency is not displayed!

So, all another ldc2 calls which compiles dependencies is not
contain -fprofile-instr-generate!

(Also, xray was affected same misconfiguration)

Thanks!