1 - 17 ms, 553 ╬╝s, and 1 hnsec

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 16 15:55:09 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 15:52:05 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
>> Hecto-nano-second, the smallest representable unit of time in
>> SysTime and Duration.
>
> The output shouldn't involve the inner workings of the type. It
> should be changed to say 10 ns.

If the output is meant for the developer, then I disagree
subjectively, as that creates the impression that the lowest
resolution or representable unit of time is the nanosecond.

If the output is meant for the user, then hectonanoseconds or
nanoseconds are going to be almost always irrelevant. The
duration should be formatted appropriately to the use case.