1 - 17 ms, 553 ╬╝s, and 1 hnsec

Vladimir Panteleev thecybershadow.lists at gmail.com
Thu May 16 16:52:22 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 at 16:49:35 UTC, Alex wrote:
> Why not just use u?

It generally works fine on all the other filesystems, which today
have mostly standardized on UTF-8.

> If that is too much trouble then detect the code page and use u
> rather than the extended ascii which looks very out of place?

Well, a more correct solution would be to check if we're printing
to the Windows console, and  use Unicode APIs, which would allow
this to work regardless of the current 8-bit codepage. However,
this (and your suggestion) are complicated to implement due to
reasons related to how tightly Phobos is tied to C's FILE* for
file input and output.