Blog Post #0036 - File Dialog - Open a Single File

Alex AJ at gmail.com
Fri May 17 11:12:41 UTC 2019

On Friday, 17 May 2019 at 09:24:59 UTC, Ron Tarrant wrote:
> The second post this week continues the series on Dialogs. This
> one is about opening files and can be found here:
> http://gtkdcoding.com/2019/05/17/0036-file-open-dialogs.html

So, I'm using gtkD and eventually I'll have the need to use
movable icons that can be interacted with using the icon by
dragging them around in a DrawingArea.

So if you need ideas to for another tutorial that would be
helpful to me. It's probably not too hard but I've not messed
with those things yet and maybe you'll find an easier way to deal
with it.

The idea would be to create DrawingArea and then display the
"icons" and have mouse interaction. I'm not sure if using custom
drawing or something built in is best. Custom drawing is probably
what I'll do since I know more about that then gtk.