Meson build system user learning D.

Mike Brockus michaelbrockus at icloud.com
Sat May 18 06:20:01 UTC 2019

Hello there this is your hometown Meson build system user here
just happen to have a
question related to unit testing in D.

So is there a way to run the unit-test in the test main as a
costume test runner in
"test/test.d", and run the executable program in "src/main.d",
with this resulting in two
executable binaries one for test and one for the program?

I was considering using Unity test framework so I would know that
if I was running the test runner that it was definitely the
custom test runner returning the value of all test cases ran and
not a mistake of running the main executable program.  But I am
not sure if that would insulate the D programming community by
not using the provided unit testing functionality in D.

I am mostly trying to make a version based on an existing C
template but with D language
syntax using whatever tools D provides along side Meson build
system.  I would give you
the link(s) but I haven't figured out how to add links here on
the D forum, and I just
registered.

Thanks...