[OT] Re: 1 - 17 ms, 553 ╬╝s, and 1 hnsec

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sun May 19 12:24:28 UTC 2019

On Saturday, 18 May 2019 at 21:05:13 UTC, Les De Ridder wrote:
> On Saturday, 18 May 2019 at 20:34:33 UTC, Patrick Schluter
> wrote:
>> * hurrah for French keyboard which has a rarely used µ key,
>> but none for Ç a frequent character of the language.
>
> <Caps Lock><key marked with '9' on the number row><Caps Lock>

That's the lowercase ç. The uppercase Ç is not directly
composable, annoying or to say it in French to illsutrate: "Ça
fait chier". I use Alt+1+2+8 on Windows, but most people do not
know these ancient OEM-437 based character codes going back to
the orignal IBM-PC. The newer ANSI based Alt+0+1+9+9 is one
keypress longer and I would have to learn actually the code.

There are 2 other characters that are not available on the french
keyboard: œ and Œ. Quite annoying if you sell beef (bœuf) and
eggs (œufs) in the towns of Œutrange or Œting.