Same code different behaviour in debug & release mode?

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Sun May 19 20:31:13 UTC 2019

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 17:55:10 UTC, Robert M. Münch wrote:
> It seems that the debugger has quite some problem when the code
> was compiled with optimization and debug-information.

  I remember having similar problems in a C program years ago,
ended up just releasing the code unoptimized and with asserts
still in place. Worked fairly well, with only a few cases making
the program stall or fail (having to do with the data having
sections that are backwards).

  A bit annoying...

  Though i did notice a big difference between code failing during
running yet worked fine in a debugger (same executable). Some of
this having to do with uninitialized values (which shouldn't be a
problem in D) or the debugger using the stack and making it
workable from some random pointer i could never find.