How to "Clear the Screen" for Windows Command Processor? (Windows 10)

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Tue May 21 14:31:03 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 12:51:41 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 at 07:16:29 UTC, Boqsc wrote:
>> I'm getting unsure why executeShell works on the pause
>> command, but cls that is responsible for clearing the text do
>> not.
>
> When you ran pause, did it print the text "press any key to
> continue"?

You are absolutely correct.
There was no output, it was captured, as executeShell is used for
capturing command output.

auto commandOutput = executeShell("pause");
writeln("Here is the output: ", commandOutput);
// Here is the output:  Tuple!(int, "status", string,
"output")(0, "Press any key to continue . . . \r\n")

> executeShell captures the output of the program, so I'm
> guessing no. And that is why cls does nothing - its output is
> captured into a string instead of displayed on screen.
>
> spawnShell keeps the output connected unless you ask it not to.
> http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.process.spawnShell.1.html

Thanks for summarising.