Bitfields

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Tue May 21 17:16:05 UTC 2019

Hi,

Has anyone used D to work with arbitrary length bitfields with multiple
occurences of a sub-bitfield. I am working with DVB Sections and EIT packets
are defined as bitfields with loops in them and the header is 112 bits. The
loops are handleable with subfields obviously, assuming you can work out how
the bigendian works on the byte sequence.

As far as I can see std.bitmanip only caters for 8, 16, 32, and 64 bit long
bitfields.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200