How can I structure a Meson build project in D to use DUB.

GoaLitiuM goalitium at dforums.mail.kapsi.fi
Tue May 28 18:17:24 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 28 May 2019 at 18:13:17 UTC, GoaLitiuM wrote:
> On Tuesday, 28 May 2019 at 18:11:09 UTC, Mike Brockus wrote:
>> How can I structure a Meson build project in D to use dub as a
>> method for dependencies like urld, d2sqlite or unit-threaded?
>>
>> If that is not what Meson users of D do then what is the pure
>> Meson of things way?
>>
>> C https://github.com/squidfarts/c-example
>> D https://github.com/squidfarts/d-example
>
> You simply change the method to dub for dependencies, as shown
> here:
> https://github.com/mesonbuild/meson/blob/master/test%20cases/d/11%20dub/meson.build#L8

(Maybe I posted too quickly without reading the post fully...)

As for structuring, there is no special handling for dub projects
specifically in Meson, but the dub dependencies must be fetched
and built for the same compiler you have setup your Meson build
to use, as Meson does not try to build the dependencies for you.