Which is the active fork in DFL gui library ?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Mon Nov 4 19:29:22 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-03 17:48, Vinod K Chandran wrote:

> @Jesse Phillips,
> Thank you for the reply.  Does DWT is built upon Java's SWT ?

Yes. It's a full translation of the Java code to D. No JNI, JVM or Java
or remains.

> I heard that SWT is somewhat slower in windows.

I don't know if that's the case. Also I don't know if that's related to
Java/JVM. And I don't know how SWT and DWT compares in speed.

> Anyhow, what about the easiness
> of DWT ?

There's no GUI builder for DWT, if you're interested in that. In theory
you could use one for SWT and translate the Java code to D, but that
might be more troublesome.

> Actually, i just want to make GUI for Windows only. I dont need
> a cross platform GUI.

DWT works on Windows and Linux. But you don't need to compile it for
Linux if you don't want to.

--
/Jacob Carlborg