Should I stop being interested in D language if I don't like to see template instantiation in my code?

BoQsc vaidas.boqsc at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:01:13 UTC 2019

I don't like to see exclamation marks in my code in as weird
syntax as these ones:
> to!ushort(args[1])
> s.formattedRead!"%s!%s:%s"(a, b, c);

I'm not sure why, but template instantiation syntax is prevalent
in the documentation examples of d lang libraries. It almost
seems like every other example contains at least one or two  of
them.

It look horrible, and I'm feeling like I'm being forced/coerced
to learn from examples that do not provide alternatives to the
template instantiation syntax. Even if the alternative examples
were provided, why would anyone want to have syntax as ugly and
weird as current template instantiation syntax with exclamation
point in the middle of the statement with all other things that
come with it.