Troubleshooting DUB invocations

Sebastiaan Koppe mail at skoppe.eu
Wed Nov 13 15:41:01 UTC 2019

On Tuesday, 12 November 2019 at 16:44:06 UTC, Dukc wrote:
> When trying to compile a project including newest Spasm (DUB
> package) using the newest LDC via DUB, the result is:
> ```
> lld: error: unknown argument: --no-as-needed
> ```
>
> I then ran DUB with -v switch and it turned out the invocation
> contained `-L--no-as-needed` as first of all the -L arguments.
> The trouble is, how do I know what causes DUB to add that
> argument to the invocation? I could find no reason in
> `dub.<json/sdl>` files of either my package, Spasm or any
> package in Spasm dependency tree.

I have seen this error as well. I actually test a few ldc
versions on the CI, and I always test latest.

Currently anything higher than 1.17 is not supported, although it
would probably require a small change.

Except for the fact that -mtriple gets propagated starting from
1.18 to all dependencies (which is a good thing). This causes
issues for some of the dependencies since they have no idea what
wasm is.

It has been on the back of my mind since 1.18-beta came out. I am
going to reserve a little time tomorrow to work on it.

Thanks for digging as far as you have.