Does betterC work different on windows and linux?

Ferhat Kurtulmuş aferust at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 14:37:35 UTC 2019

I was trying to make my stupid writeln2 function
(https://github.com/aferust/stringnogc/blob/master/source/stringnogc.d) compatible with betterC. writeln2() calls obParse() function which may contain some code incompatible with betterC. However; while the code in the unittest can be compiled and linked with betterC (extern (C) main...) on Ubuntu (LDC 1.17.0), it causes linking errors on windows (LDC 1.17.0):  unresolved external symbol _D15TypeInfo_Struct6__vtblZ... I know that TypeInfo and ModuleInfo features are unavailable with betterC. I want to know why my obParse() function compiles and links on ubuntu but not on windows, and which part of my code requires runtime.