Translating Java into D

Heromyth bitworld at qq.com
Fri Nov 15 03:29:16 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 14 November 2019 at 19:50:22 UTC, NonNull wrote:
> Greetings, Java seems to be almost a subset of D in various
> ways.
No, it's not exactly right. Java is more powerful than D as for a
language. Many things that Java can do can't be done by D. For
example, reflection, full meta info for a type  in runtime, type
deduction for a template, template member override.

See:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4829631/unusual-generic-syntax-arrays-stringaslist
https://www.baeldung.com/java-executor-service-tutorial

> Has there been any work done to automatically translate Java
> source into D?

We ported some projects in Java by hand.