matrix operations

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Nov 27 16:35:40 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 at 16:16:04 UTC, René Heldmaier
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for some basic matrix/vector operations and other
> numeric stuff.
>
> I spent quite a lot time in reading through the mir
> documentation, but i kinda miss the bigger picture. I'm not a
> Python user btw. (I know C,C++,C#,Matlab..).
>
> I have also looked at the documentation of the lubeck package.
>
> What i have seen right now reminds me of the saying "Real
> programmers can write FORTRAN in any language".
>
> Is there a type to do matrix operations with nice syntax (e.g.
> using * operator for multiplication)?

I do have all that for my own use. I've never bothered to turn it
into something others could use because I love the garbage
collector, but that's a turnoff for others. But I'm more than
happy to share if you're really interested. I'm also working on
an R -> D compiler, but it's not helpful at this point.

It wouldn't take much to create a simple wrapper over mir/lubeck
to do operator overloading. This is low-hanging fruit for someone
that wants to contribute to the language. Until I win the
lottery, I won't have time to do it myself.