How to create DDoc for string mixin generated functions?

ParticlePeter ParticlePeter at gmx.de
Thu Nov 28 19:02:05 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 28 November 2019 at 14:00:56 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 at 15:14:21 UTC, ParticlePeter
> wrote:
>> I judged it being the least feasible to produce appropriate
>> doc comments. How could this work?
>
> Just like:
>
> /// Forwards members to [Whatever]
> auto opDispatch......
>
> and then the documentation shows that with the link so they can
> refer to the other thing easily enough. That's what I did on my
> thing for example
>
> http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/arsd.dom.ElementCollection.opDispatch.html
>
> (possible I could make my doc gen recognize the pattern and
> paste in generated docs too, but I personally like the link
> enough)

That would not work nicely in my case. Firstly my inner structs
are from foreign code (vulkan structs through erupted binding)
for which I do not create documentation. Secondly, I am skipping
some of the inner struct members.
Basically I use a template to produce the string mixin. The
template has an VarArg list accepting inner struct member names
to be skipped. Hence it would be better to actually create
individual doc comments for each forwarding property
instantiation.