getting rid of immutable (or const)

berni someone at somewhere.com
Thu Sep 5 09:07:30 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 5 September 2019 at 08:56:42 UTC, berni wrote:
> [..]

And one more question:

> import std.algorithm: reverse;
> writeln(q.reverse);

Here the compiler complains with:

> test.d(8): Error: template std.algorithm.mutation.reverse
> cannot deduce function from argument types !()(Point[]),
> candidates are:
> /usr/include/dmd/phobos/std/algorithm/mutation.d(2483):
> std.algorithm.mutation.reverse(Range)(Range r) if
> (isBidirectionalRange!Range && (hasSwappableElements!Range ||
> hasAssignableElements!Range && hasLength!Range &&
> isRandomAccessRange!Range || isNarrowString!Range &&
> isAssignable!(ElementType!Range)))

I allready tried to use q.dup.reverse but that didn't work either.

How to get this working? (I hope I don't annoy you by asking that
much questions, but I've got the feeling, that I've got only two
choices: To shy away from using immutable (like I did in the last
three years) or ask a lot of questions in the hope of
understanding what's going on...