Deprecation message sources

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Sep 18 15:09:30 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 10:48:27AM -0400, Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
[...]
> > I suspect that deprecation messages are being triggered simply by
> > code trying to use Nullable in template constraints rather than just
> > when it's actually used in proper code, but I don't know.
>
> I too, think that it's really the template constraints that are
> causing so much grief. Not only that, but it's impossible to find the
> code that's actually triggering the usage.

That's really annoying.  Why are constraints triggering deprecation
messages?  Shouldn't it be actual usage that trigger them?

I've also seen similar in my own projects, and it's an eyesore, esp.
since it was Phobos code that was triggering the messages, not actually
anything in my own code.

If the comments and the code disagree, it's likely that *both* are wrong. -- Christopher