Indexed graphics for retro engine?

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 19:16:03 UTC 2019

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 at 18:25:05 UTC, Shadowblitz16
wrote:

> I wanted to do 4bpp 16 color graphics.
> and I didn't want to load anything unnecessary in the image
> like the palette but instead supply it myself as a Color[16];

I see. In that case, I suggest you find some tutorials on
software rendering in C or C++ and adapt them to D. Most of the
modern stuff out there is going to be targeting 24-bit or 32-bit
graphics. You might find some older tutorials on indexed 8-bit
rendering that you can adapt to 4-bit. Nothing to it but storing
the palette indices in a byte array.