Packaging and Distributing Dlang Applications with GtkD Dependency?

Ron Tarrant rontarrant at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:04:16 UTC 2019

On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11:50:58 UTC, a11e99z wrote:
> On Wednesday, 25 September 2019 at 11:46:04 UTC, Ron Tarrant
> wrote:
>> Hi y'all,
>>
>> I've been Googling how to do this, but coming up with nothing
>> definitive. Are there any articles for how to do this for:
>>
>> Windows?
>> Linux?
>> other UNIX-alike OSs?
>
> UPX?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPX
> https://linux.die.net/man/1/upx

Thanks for the reply, alle99z. Sorry for my badly-phrased
question, I think I need to clarify...

What I'm looking for is a system for bundling dlang apps and
their dependencies for distribution to end users. Hopefully, this
bundler will:

- install the app in an appropriate place (like C:\Program
Files\<dlang-app>,
- install libraries/dependencies (such as GtkD) also in an
appropriate place,
- make any modifications to the system PATH that may be necessary
for the app to run, and
- handle any other roadblocks that will keep the user from using
the app.

Whether this is an actual pre-existing application bundler or
just a list of instructions I can follow so I can end up with a
distributable one-click-does-it-all (on Windows, at least)
package.

Similarly, on Linux or other UNIX-alikes, a breakdown of how to
use apt or something similar to do the same so the user can (for
instance) just do:

apt-get <app> <appropriate switches>

to install.